South-of-the border Chipotle Cheddar. Farm-fresh Vermont Cheddar tames the smoked Morita jalapeno chilies and the result is a tantalizing, smoky flavor with a slightly spicy kick.
BUY 3 or MORE AND SAVE!!
Cabot Chipotle Cheddar and Bacon Biscuits (with Dakin Farm Bacon)
- 8 strips Dakin Farm Smoked Bacon
- 3 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick Cabot Unsalted Butter, chilled (8 tablespoons)
- 4 ounces Cabot Chipotle Cheddar, grated (about 1 cup)
- 1/3 cup finely chopped scallions
- 1 1/2 cups low-fat (1%) milk
1. Cook bacon until crisp; drain on paper towels, then finely chop.
2. Preheat oven to 400Â°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. In large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
4. Cut butter into large pieces and add to flour mixture. With pastry blender or two knives, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
5. Add cheese, scallions and reserved bacon and mix lightly. Stir in milk just until no dry flour remains (do not over-mix).
6. Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface and pat into 1/2-inch-thick circle. Cut out 4-inch circles and place, separated, on prepared baking sheet. Press scraps together and cut out additional biscuits.
7. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with Dark Beer Braised Short Rib Stew with Winter Root Vegetables.
Recipe courtesy of Stephanie's on Newbury.