Horseradish Cheddar Cheese
Only for true horseradish lovers! The biting pungency of horseradish is skillfully tamed by the smooth nuances of this youthful cheddar. Enjoy the richness of this creamy cheddar with a potent bite.
ON SALE! BUY 4 or MORE AND SAVE!!
Cabot Horseradish Cheddar Mashed Potatoes
- 2 pounds russet potatoes, washed, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 ounces Cabot Salted Butter (2 sticks)
- 1/2 -3/4 cup light cream
- 1/2 cup Cabot Regular Sour Cream
- 2 ounces Cabot Horseradish Cheddar, grated (about 1/2 cup)
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
1. In large pot, cover potatoes with cold water and bring to boil. Lower heat to maintain gentle simmer and cook potatoes until tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, heat butter and cream in small saucepan until butter is melted.
3. Drain cooked potatoes and return to pot. Mash with hand masher.
4. Add sour cream, cheese and enough of butter/cream mixture for desired consistency (do not over-mix or potatoes will be gummy). Season with salt and pepper.Serve with Meatloaf.
Recipe courtesy of Stephanie's on Newbury.