Habanero Cheddar Cheese
Ole! Our fieriest south-of-the-border cheddar yet! Attention-grabbing habaneros offer a ride-'em cowboy, yi-ha, blazing taste experience. Not for the timid!
ON SALE! BUY 3 or MORE AND SAVE!!
Recipes & Pairings
Cabot Habanero Cheddar and Black Bean Spread
- 1 (15-oz.) can black-eyed peas or black beans, drained
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 4 ounces Cabot Habanero Cheddar or Chipotle Cheddar, grated and lightly packed (about 1 cup)
- Salt to taste
1. In medium bowl, combine black-eyed peas or black beans, oil, lime juice and cumin; mash coarsely with potato masher (mixture should hold together but some beans should still be visible).
2. Gently stir in cheese; taste and season with salt if needed.
Serve in bowl or bell pepper shells, surrounded by oven-crisped triangles of tomato or spinach flatbread or crackers.