The Best of The Best
This is sharp cheddar without the training wheels. Creamy white in color with an almost crumbly texture, it has a sophisticated citrusy tang. We like to say that it is an introduction to the "East Coast Cheddar Bite". A stellar snacking cheese paired with roasted nuts and ice-cold ale.
Make no mistake, this cheddar is also excellent for cooking: A little goes a long "whey" when you melt it into cheese sauce. And a few slices of Lactose-Free Extra Sharp will turn a simple burger into a work of art.
Store wrapped tightly in the refrigerator.
You can choose from three different size options below:
- 8 oz. Bar
- 2 lb. Brick
- 3 lb. Block
ON SALE! BUY 3 or MORE 8 oz BARS AND SAVE!!
Mini Cabot Cheddar Bacon Burgers
- 1 pound ground beef (round or chuck)
- 4 ounces Extra Sharp Cheddar, grated (about 1 cup)*
- 12 slices Dakin Farm already-cooked bacon, cut in half
- 6 hot dog rolls
- Arugula or watercress leaves (optional)
- Chipotle Aioli (see recipe)
1. Place rack in upper third of oven and preheat oven to 500Â°F.
2. In large bowl, combine beef and cheddar; scatter salt and pepper over top. Gently work mixture together until well combined.
3. Divide mixture into quarters and shape each quarter into six (1 1/4-inch) balls, for a total of 24 balls.
4. Wrap each ball in a half slice bacon, pressing into patty shape. Arrange patties on large baking sheet.
5. Bake for 5 to 8 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160Â°F. Loosen from baking sheet with spatula.
6. Cut each roll crosswise into 4 sections to make mini-buns. Place some arugula or watercress in each, topped with mini-burger and small dollop of Chipotle Aioli.
Makes 2/3 cup
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon white or cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper or chipotle hot sauce
1. In small bowl, whisk together all ingredients. Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.