Cabot Jalapeno Light Cheddar
Here's something to add a little spice to your reduced-fat life! And it is the highest scoring (99.2) reduced fat cheddar at the U.S. Championship Cheese Contest (March 2007).
Cabot Cheddar Cheese and Bean Quesadillas
- 8 large (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 cup refried beans
- 8 ounces Cabot Monterey Jack, Pepper Jack or 50% Reduced Fat Jalapeno Cheddar, grated* (about 2 cups)
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- Cabot Regular Sour Cream
- Tomato salsa
1. Spread four tortillas with 1/4 cup refried beans each. Sprinkle each with one-fourth of cheese and one-fourth of green onions. Press remaining tortillas on top.
2. Set large (8-inch) skillet over medium heat until hot. Place first quesadilla in skillet and cook until browned on underside, about 1 minute. Turn with spatula and cook until quesadilla is browned on second side and cheese is melted, about 1 minute longer. Repeat with remaining quesadillas (keep cooked ones warm in 200 degrees oven if not serving immediately).
3. Cut each quesadilla into eight pieces and serve topped with sour cream and salsa.