Seriously Sharp Cheddar
When Sharp goes awry, when Extra Sharp earns a pucker, Seriously Sharp is born. It never tastes the same from one batch to the next. It's a cult thing...the cheese we used to sell to hunters and truckers...on their way out of town.
You can choose from four different size options below:
- 8 oz. Bar
- 2 lb. Brick
- 3 lb. Brick
- 3/4 oz. Mini Bars in a 50 count box
ON SALE! BUY 3 or MORE 8 oz BARS AND SAVE!!
Ham, Cheddar and Apple Melt
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 4 slices favorite local bread, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons Cabot Unsalted Butter, divided
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored and sliced
- 1 whole shallot or very small onion, julienned or thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 4 ounces Cabot Sharp Cheddar, grated (about 1 cup)
- 2 large cooked thick slices Dakin Farm ham
1. In medium bowl, whisk together eggs, half-and-half and vanilla. Add bread slices, turning to coat with mixture, and set aside to soak.
2. Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in small skillet over medium-high heat; add apple slices and shallot or onion and cook until tender. Add vinegar and cook for one minute longer. Remove from heat and set aside.
3. Melt remaining butter in large skillet or griddle over medium-high heat. Remove bread slices from egg mixture (discard remaining egg mixture) and cook in skillet for about two minutes on each side.
4. Layer cheese, ham and apple mixture evenly over two of bread slices. Top with remaining two bread slices.
5. Cook for one minute or until golden on underside. Turn sandwiches over and cook for one minute longer, or until sandwich is golden on second side and cheese is melted. Cut in half and serve warm.
Recipe courtesy of Jimmy Kennedy.